WordPress Widget: King Links
My weekly Widget release is going on .. the Link Widget is a damn advanced Version of the build in Link Widget. If you want to go the neerdy road, this might be a nice companion.
If you are a normal WordPress user, this Widget gives you enough power over the linklists to keep you out of the template code.
About 20 switches should give you all of the control you´ve ever dreamt of.
– Bugfix : duplicate output when category filter was set. Sort order did not show the set value in adminform. Thanks to Jeremy Douglass.
– Remote Version Check. Colours the Plugin in Plugin-Admin List if there is a new Version.
– Bugfix: sql error when linit was not set. Thanks to MrPapa for pointing this out in detail!!
– NEW Option to Copy Options from another Widget. Save the time to set all Option again!
Version 0.62 Bugfix:
– the before and after widget/Title was always shown even when only a special site area was selected
Version 0.6 features:
– up to 10 Link Widgets
– set all Options like in Link Category Manager or use already set Link Category options
– Set Link Box Standard Options and forget about all the other fancy switches -> for Beginners
– 4 HTML fields to customize HTML before/after widget and title or leave empty and use defaults from functions.php
– Fully localizable with gettext Translation (German Translation included in framework)
– Set on which Website Area to show the Widget. Options are:
- show on Home / Search / Archive or 404 page
- show on all or special single Page. You can set the id or slug of the Page where to show
- show on all or special single Article You can set the id or slug of the Article where to show
- show on all or special Category Listing You can set the id of the Category where to show
- Show if inside a special Category. If in list List or on single Article
You find all Options explained in the WordPress Codex in Conditional Tags make sure to definitly read this if you are using those Options!
– new js admin menu
– based on the king widget framework
German + English Admin Screen
– advanced "where to show" with Option to not show in special Area and combination between "in category" and "sitearea", resulting in f.ex. show only in Home and Category XY.
– show only to selected group
– What else would you like to see? Please comment!
Of course you should have wordpress widgets installed and activated. If not, you can find the download and install instructions over at automattic.com
– Copy king-links.php into your plugins widget folder -> where your widgets.php is !!!
– Copy the widget Framework in /king-includes into /plugins, if you have not already another King Widget installed
– activate in Pluginarea.
– Drag the King Link Widget on one of your sidebars and play with the options.
– HINT: set the "Standart Options" Checkbox in the advanced panel to get an easy start
don´t forget to get the king-widget framework if you don´t have it already (from 22.06.06 or newer)
Please don´t hesitate to give me a feedback if this is usefull or if you think you found a bug!