I´ve added support for searching only in a specific Category, by choosing one from a dropdown menu.
I implemented a spellchecking on the search words, which will suggest the right word or term. When found you can klick it to search your site again.
Both Options can be disabled of course. This is not the end of all wit’s. I have more on my mind, but first want to wait for your feedback.
Version 0.51 features:
– up to 10 Search Widgets
– Option to Search only in Category choosen from Dropdown
– Option to use Spellchecking on Search words and terms
– 4 HTML fields to customize HTML before/after widget and title or leave empty and use defaults from functions.php
– Fully localizable with gettext Translation (German Translation included in framework)
– Set on which Website Area to show the Widget. Options are:
- show on Home / Search / Archive or 404 page
- show on all or special single Page. You can set the id or slug of the Page where to show
- show on all or special single Article You can set the id or slug of the Article where to show
- show on all or special Category Listing You can set the id of the Category where to show
- Show if inside a special Category. If in list List or on single Article
not yet (only 3 Switches + the same options like the other King Widgets )
– Whatever you might suggest…
Of course you should have wordpress widgets installed and activated. If not, you can find the download and install instructions over at automattic.com
– Copy king-search.php into your plugins widget folder -> where your widgets.php is !!!
– Copy the widget Framework in /king-includes into /plugins (need new version from 10.06.2006)
– activate in Pluginarea.
– Drag the King Search Widget on one of your sidebars and play with the options.